Friday, March 30, 2007

Hug a Soldier Today!

One of the many cool things about working here at Faith Christian Assembly, is my office. One entire side of my office is floor to ceiling windows. (Did I mention my last office was smaller than my closet?)

As I was sitting her today working, out my window was a huge military jet taking off straight to the sky. It was quite a sight, and quite a sound! I LOVED IT!

It made me think of video footage I saw this morning of a sailor-dad surprising his 6 year old son returning home from Iraq. The little guy ran crying and grabbed his dad in a huge embrace. It was one of the most touching things I've EVER seen! I encourage you to watch it and see if you don't tear up. If this link doesn't work, go to the today show link.
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=00&g=889466da-5eb2-42da-aed6-2edd2b656525&p=hotvideo_m_edpicks&t=m5&rf=http://today.msnbc.msn.com/&fg

God Bless our Soldiers! I am So thankful for their sacrifice, especially in the midst this sad time in America where the loudest mouths near the microphones are America-haters. I pray that our honor of our soldiers drowns them out!

LET FREEDOM RING!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

3 comments:

Don Croswhite said...

Yeah, I watched that like five or six times.

Kim said...

Wow, that one just pulled on my heart. What a precious little boy.

DonnaG said...

Ok, after the 4th time, I am able to comment on how RAD that is. God Bless America and thank you soldiers.