Thursday, March 15, 2007

Big Garry

My husband Gary's father passed away this month, due to complications from a heart bypass. He was only 68 years old. He was one of those people who lived life to the fullest, and always seemed to have a twinkle in his eye. He always had something fun or funny to say and you looked forward to whatever that was going to be. He impacted my husband's life in a big way. Gary said that whenever Nolan Ryan pitched, he and his dad were at the game together. I know the memories and the time he spent with my husband as a boy helped shape the man and father that he is today. And for that, I am truly grateful and BLESSED. I have another reason to be thankful to Big Garry. He also was the one who kept asking my Gary when we were dating, and he was living in Southern California, and I was living in Washington, "When are you going to go see her?" He even went so far as to say, "I know you can afford it!". This gave my Gary the courage to come and visit me at Thanksgiving time back in 1981. Shortly after that trip, we became engaged. Yippee! I will always be thankful to Big Garry for that! :-)

No comments: