Monday, March 19, 2007

How Are You???

So, the phone was ringing this morning, so I answered it. There was a friendly voice on the other end, "Hello Ms. Leming, How are you today?"

Sadly, it was at this moment that I realized that although I sign up for every Do Not Call list out that I can find, this was indeed a sale's call. The reason why I think this is sad, is that the thing that tipped me off to that fact was that she asked me, "How are you today?"

Some day I would really like to answer that question to the sales people who ask and see what they do...

"Well, right now there's a guy in my driveway fixing the flat tire that we discovered on our car late Saturday night...Ya know, we're starting a brand new church service in Seal Beach on Easter Sunday, and we've been working really hard, so the flat tire right before our Sunday gathering was a real pain...plus with the Spring season on its way and flowers starting to bloom, I've had a headache behind my left eye for about three days now..."

Wouldn't that be great? Some day I should do that. But for today, I politely said, "Please remove me from your list, Thank you." and hung up the phone.

I'm such a coward!

1 comment:

DonnaG said...

You are a coward! A polite one though. Forward her call to me and I will take care of it for you, my friend. And, about the springtime blooms right now.... I feel your pain. Love ya much