Friday, February 8, 2008

Be Still...Move On!

This is my topic for this coming Sunday evening (5:30pm). Moses had just finished telling the Israelites not to panic, even though the Pharaoh's army was quickly advancing on them, and there was no place for them to go...land on either side, the enemy behind, and nothing but water in front of them.

Ever feel like that?

I must admit, that's the kind of week I've had.

Where do you go? Now, we have the advantage of knowing where they went...God made a way through the sea for them to go. But they didn't know He would do that. God told them to "move on!".

They even thought going back to slavery was an option, but God didn't agree. Move on! Move on where? They must have wondered. Was God going to provide ships?

I don't know if we can even imagine the fear they must have felt. But God provided a way for them, just like He does for us.

Forward is the best way....

Going back is not an option...

Luke 9:62 -Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

4 comments:

DonnaG said...

Go forward - to my house and let's have coffee.

Rhonda said...

What a great message! I just prayed that God will meet you as you prepare this afternoon for what He wants to do this evening, that you will sense His presence, and that He will use this message for His glory! Love you!

Brandi said...

As I read this I can't help but wonder how many times I haven't put my foot in the water...Thank you God for grace...

Kim said...

Great message!!! You taught it well. Now if we (I) will only listen and heed the words. I admit I have been on the shore waiting for the Princess Cruise Ship to come take me away (my idea of the answer God should send) but no I need to take that first step. That is always the hardest. Lord, help my unbelief.