Thursday, August 2, 2007

Why Did God Choose Us To Help Spread His Gospel?

I must admit something. I have a pet-peeve. It's careless spelling mistakes that I've seen more than a few times in anything to do with church. I fear that they add to the stereotype that Christians are ignorant, and also fear that they don't do much for advancing the Kingdom. I found this picture online and shivers went up my spine....

All of that to say, that God did choose us to spread His Gospel. For reasons He knows, He chose imperfect, human, misspell-ers. The important thing is, that we in fact, do spread His Gospel everywhere we go. I pray that's our passion. Speaking of which, I have a book recommendation, "Just Walk Across the Room" by Bill Hybells. I wish I could give a copy to every Christian I meet. It has a way of exciting you about reaching out to the lost. Here's a great quote:
"In His life and in His death, Jesus deftly and ruthlessly protected his people-priority. His every word and every action proclaimed, 'There is nothing better than pouring your life into the goal of welcoming home a wandering soul'. Just imagine what life would be like if you lived with this same exuberance for reclaiming God's people for Him!"

Luke 15:10, "...there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

May we all shift our motivation in this life to things that are eternal, and give every aspect of our lives to doing our part for the Kingdom! He wants to use all of us...even if we can't s-p-e-l-l!

4 comments:

Estampillas said...

What if you put a period after the word "taught"?

Sheri Leming said...

That was truly profound! He that has ears to hear...let him hear. :-)

Rhonda said...

Hi Sheri. I miss you! I just wanted to let you know that I am reading your blog. At least the church that needs some spelling help doesn't put sayings on their board that make no sense to non-Christians and are just plain lame to those who understand Christianese. There are 2 churches here in Hanford who do that. It is pretty funny to drive by them with Bruce when they have just put up a new message. It drives him nuts. And by the way, I really loved "Just Walk Across the Room". Love ya friend!

Carmela said...

Hi Sheri. You know, I was reading "How People Grow" this weekend (I read a few chapters a year, but I LOVE that book), and they were talking about the same fact: that God uses people to accomplish His will. How humbling it is that he uses cracked vessels. How humbling that He chooses to use ME sometimes.

Stuff like that is totally annoying, BUT there's also a part of me that finds it comforting. Cause I have serious weaknesses in plenty of other areas.

BTW, I happened to pass by your church two Friday nights ago. I was on my way to Newport, and as I passed by, I remembered seeing "Faith Christian Assembly" on your blog or something. So I turned around (legally, lol!), and checked it out from the outside. :) Just wanted you to know.

And ... when the kids start school again, I'd like to get together. I really miss you. I totally want to "catch up" with your life.