Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I Sought the Lord and HE HEARD ME

This portion of Scripture is taken from Psalm 34. Pastor Paul was reading from it last night at Tuesday Night Prayer. I've probably read this verse hundreds of times throughout my life, but last night, it just overwhelmed me. When I seek God...He hears me. He really hears me!

Is it just me, or does that thrill you too? Maybe one of the reasons it makes me so happy is because listening is very important to me. Is this because I'm a girl? Maybe. To be listened to is a gift. It seems to be a gift that is becoming extinct in our society.

I went to lunch the other day with my new friend from church. Her name is Karin and I just love her! I noticed something about her during our lunch. She listened to me. Does that sound simple? It isn't. I really enjoy listening to people too. I think God's creatures are so interesting. People's lives and their stories really capture my attention.

How incredible is it that God feels that way about us? When we seek Him, He's not too busy to hear us. He doesn't just nod and say, "A-huh...", but He truly listens. Our words aren't like Charlie Brown's teacher, "wah-wah-wah..." but they are understood by Him.

How cool is that?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sheri,
Let me introduce myself. I am Marg Hukill, wife of Darwin. I haven't had an opportunity to read your blogs, but finally did today. We so enjoy getting the church newsletter and now with the blogs, I really feel like I can get to know you. I'm sure your folks are enjoying having you and your husband and Paul helping them. We talk about coming to visit, but it just hasn't happened yet.
I just wanted to let you know who I am and tell you hello.
God Bless,
Marg

Sheri Leming said...

Hey Marg!
WOW...how cool to hear from family over the world wide web! So great to meet you, and thank you so much for reading our blogs! Yes, we are really enjoying working together with the church and our new service. It would be great if you guys would come and visit. Please send our love to the family! God Bless You!
Sheri