Friday, April 4, 2008

Power to be Witnesses...

This is my topic for Sunday's (8:30am) Contemporary Service...Power to be Witnesses. We're going to take the logical next step after our series about The THIRD DAY, and explore exactly what the disciples did after Jesus Ascension.

I believe we will be inspired to follow in their steps with the passion and purpose to see the Gospel preached to everyone...even to the ends of the earth.

I read a quote the other day that I think is true:
The antidote to despair is purpose.

I believe there is a lot to learn from this so-called unlearned, all-too-human (just like us!) band of disciples. As we study the book of Acts it's clear that they didn't go into all of the world in their own strength...they couldn't have done anything without the power of the Holy Spirit...and neither can we.

Zechariah 4:6, "...'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty."


No comments: