Friday, April 4, 2008

Drinking Kool-Aid

I've heard many Christians say what a great saint they think Oprah is. I'm very disturbed about the fact that Christians are being deceived by some of the "new" new-age doctrines that she is leading them into. Her influence is clear to anyone.

Click Here for a link to see for yourselves. Please forgive the salespitch at the end...

Matthew 24:24 (The Message)
"Fake Messiahs and lying preachers are going to pop up everywhere. Their impressive credentials and dazzling performances will pull the wool over the eyes of even those who ought to know better."

1 comment:

DonnaG said...

I too am stunned at how many people think the Oprah is some sort of saint. While I believe that she has done some good things for some people, her over all outlook is oozing with self righteousness, an "It is all me" attitude, and at the core of her being, dangerous, radical pride.

Even her ginormous money gifts are dangerous. She sidesteps the challenges of adversity in people's lives, crippling them by not letting them learn and struggle, or turn to God in times of need. While I would love for her to pay off our car loans and credit card debt, maybe that wouldn't be such a good thing. I would just fall back into debt again without ever knowing how to spend wisely.

Ok, I am going off here. Sorry.

I used to think that Al Gore was the AntiChrist. Now I KNOW that is Oprah.