Thursday, January 31, 2008

Psalm 121


Look at those mountains! YOWZA!!! This is the view out of my office window today...
I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite Psalms...
God obviously knows I needed to be reminded of this today...HE IS SO GOOD!!!
Psalm 121:1-8 (NLT)
A song for the ascent to Jerusalem.

I look up to the mountains—
does my help come from there?
2My help comes from the Lord,
who made the heavens and the earth!

3He will not let you stumble and fall;
the one who watches over you will not sleep.
4Indeed, he who watches over Israel
never tires and never sleeps.

5The Lord himself watches over you!
The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
6The sun will not hurt you by day,
nor the moon at night.
7The Lord keeps you from all evil
and preserves your life.
8The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
both now and forever.

3 comments:

DonnaG said...

I am still stunned when I look out and see the phenomenal mountains out my door (almost). Great photo and I hope you don't go into lala land too much staring at the sight.

Brandi said...

Amen...

Rhonda said...

One of the things I love about Southern California is the proximity of the mountains and the ocean. And the mountains are so beautiful after the rain (when the smog has been washed away), especially when they are snow-capped like that.