Friday, January 11, 2008

"I WILL GO!"...Rebekah

I've been reading in Genesis about Rebekah this week. You've heard of the unsinkable Molly Brown? Well, I call Rebekah..."I will go", Rebekah! That seemed to be her attitude. What a woman! She possessed a trait that seems to be rare these days...diligence. But what exactly is diligence? How do you get it? Does it have a down side?

Gary took our car into the dealership this week for a repair that he knew was still under warranty. Gary was being merciful by taking it to the dealership, because the last time he was there, the service writer told him that the work he was having done, was not covered under our warranty. But Gary knew that it was, and in the end, turned out to be right, which the service writer in the end, fully admitted. Now, you would think when this same service writer saw Gary coming, he would put his "diligence" hat on...but sadly, no. The exact same thing happened. He told Gary that the work isn't covered under the warranty, and in the end, it turned out that it indeed was covered.

So, in the end...
Gary = Diligent
Service Writer = Not Diligent

This is what I'm going to be speaking about in our Sunday - 8:30am Contemporary Service. No, not about the evils of having your car fixed at the dealership, but about the rare quality of diligence. But when it comes to diligence, as in most other qualities...there's a downside to be careful of that we'll be talking about too.

6 comments:

DonnaG said...

I need diligence. Gary = diligence. Donna = not so diligent

Sheri Leming said...

OHHH Donna!
I SO disagree that you are not diligent! Any mom who gives their kids the love and care that you obviously do...and you are a Rockin' wife too...you are diligent! Patty Desmond just told me that the word diligence comes from the Latin meaning 'to love', marked by or done with persevering painstaking effort and care. Sounds a lot like you to me!

Sheri

Brandi said...

I love you Sheri...and miss you sooooo much!!! Reading your blog I can just see and hear you saying every word...you are wonderful!!!

Rhonda said...

I love the definition of diligence in your comment. I just wanted you to know that you have been on my mind lately, so I have been praying for you. Love ya!

DonnaG said...

Ok, enough of Rebekah. Let's hear about Rahab or Delilah or the Woman at the Well. Yeah, that would be good!

Brandi said...

I'm right there with ya Donna...come on girlfriend get ta bloggn